It feels like there’s always a million things going on in Barcelona, especially during summer times! Festivals on the beach, on the streets, in parks and on mountains, extreme sports events or chill nights at an outdoor cinema. No matter your preferences, Barcelona has got something for you! Here are 10 summer events in Barcelona 2017 that will make your summer 2017 unforgettable.
1. Extreme Barcelona Sports Festival When: June 17 – June 18 Where: Parc del Forum in Diagonal Mar area Metro station:El Maresme | Fòrum (L4) Web: www.imaginextremebarcelona.com Prices: The price for one day is 12 €. The price for two days is 20 €.
Go to this festival to enjoy the experts mad skills in skateboard, BMX, wakeboard, longboard and much more. Except for watching experts perform, you are also able to take part in many different activities.
2. Sant Joan When: June 23 (at night) Where: All over Barcelona, mostly at the beaches.
The shortest night of the year, but also the wildest one, where all of Barcelona comes to life! Sant Joan is basically like Summer Solstice or Midsummers’ Eve. Sant Joan is also referred to as Night of Fire (Nit de Foc), since fireworks and bonfires plays a leading part in the celebrations. Since June 24 is a day off in Barcelona, most celebrations all over the city are going on until dawn. We recommend celebrating this evening on the beach by a bonfire with your friends. Just try not to loose each other!
3. Pride When:June 28 – July 9 2017 Where: Plaça Espanya Metro station: Espanya (L1 and L3) Web:www.pridebarcelona.org
Pride is not a one-place one-time kind of event, since it is broadly divided all over the city during several days. Included in Pride is demonstrations, parties, concerts, talks and many different activities. Although, the main event that shouldn’t be missed is the Pride parade on July 8. The pride pre-parade party starts at 16.00 at Plaça Espanya. One hour later, at 17.00, the parade will commence down Paral·lel Avenue.
4. RockFest Barcelona When: June 30 – July 2 Where: Parc de Cam Zam Metro station: Can Zam (L9) Web:www.rockfestbarcelona.com Prices: 162 € for all days
If you like rock music, this is the festival for you! The 4th edition of RockFest Barcelona is a three day rock festival at Recinto de Can Zam. Artists confirmed for 2017 include Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Europe, Hammerfall and many more.
This one day festival is perfect for anyone who likes to feel nostalgic! Dance and sing along to top hits originally performed by a bunch of the best artists and bands from the 90’s, including Jenny of Ace of Base, Technotronic, 2 Unlimited, Snap!, Corona, OBK, ICE MC, Whigfield, Rebeca, New Limit, Sensity World and Tina Cousins.
6. Barcelona Beach Festival When: July 15, from 16:00 to 04:00 on July 16 Where: Platja de la Pau in Sant Adrià de Besòs Metro station: Maresme-Forum (L4) Web: http://www.bcnbeachfestival.com Prices: 62 € A one-day electronic music festival with a dance friendly EDM line-up of Armin van Buuren, Hardwell, Axwell ^ Ingrosso, Kygo, Martin Garrix, Lost Frequencies, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. This beach festival is a must for any EDM fan in Barcelona!
The Grec Festival is Barcelonas annual main event with theater, dance, music, circus and other performing arts. This month-long festival has turned into an outstanding cultural attraction in Barcelona over the years, since it has been held in the city for over 40 years now. The Grec Festival has something to suit everyone! Chose from different theater shows, music concerts and circuses that will take place in multiple places across the city.
8. Unite with Tomorrowland
When: July 29, from 16:00 – 03:00 Where: Parc de Can Zam Metro station: Can Zam (L9) Web:www.tomorrowland.com Prices: General tickets are 70 €
A one day music festival with a live connection with Tomorrowland main stage in Belgium. The show in all countries are live streamed in other countries and the special effects are synchronized with the show in Belgium. Artists live on stage in Barcelona include Afrojack, Dj Nano and Steve Aoki, amongst others.
9. Montjuïc outdoor film festival When: June 30 – August 4 Concert starts: 20:45 Film starts: 22.00 Where: Castell de Montjuïc Metro station: Espanya (L1 and L3) There is a free shuttle service located by Reina Maria Cristina Av. and Paral·lel Av. that goes between 20.15 to 21.30. The shuttle is also available after the film. Web:www.salamontjuic.org Price: 6.50 €
A mix of classic and recent movies are shown three times a week during all of the summer. The outside cinema is located on the grass outside of the castle on the mountain Montjuïc. Turn up early to make sure you get good seats, bring a blanket to sit on and a picnic to enjoy. Before each movie there is a live concert, which of course is included in each ticket.
Gràcia’s Festa Major is a street competition where residents transform their neighborhoods into everything from rainforests or space ships to famous movie landscapes. This year will be the 200th celebration of La Festa Major de Gràcia, so the expectations are pretty high! Fast food, simple street bars and live concerts at pretty much every street corner. The entire district of Grácia comes to life during this week, so make sure not to miss it!